Friday, June 10, 2016

Amanda Montgomery

Amanda Montgomery





I see you Amanda,
Getting live in Oaklandia,
Blades cutting off your strands,
To get back to the roots.
Roots still alive, though you're far from home.
Who would have thought you would become
A teacher like your mama?
-The one who taught me how to use a comma.
(I'm sorry, Mrs. Montgomery. I'm trying!)
One life to another,
A daughter absorbs her mother,
But miraculously,
With a symphony of your own frequencies,
You entered new territories;
Flowing faster in the river than the water itself,
Finding islands of personality that you want to dwell.
We've circled 26 times around the sun;
Started out walking and now starting to run;
Controlling experiences;
Emanating more love;
Not allowing the bullshit into our cups. 
I hope you're channeling hyphy-
At least do it for me. 
Dive into the Bay like a biscuit in tea. 
Strong, loved and sweet, 
Don't let the Wild West taint you.
I know you're living the dream, 
So don't let nobody wake you!
(That double negative is just for style Mrs. Montgomery!)

No comments:

Post a Comment