Friday, June 10, 2016

Alison Percifield

Alison Percifield




Alison,
I'm stunned
You're done
With Madison, Wisconsin.
The west has won!
Anyway, it seems more fun,
At least for getting outside
When the clouds don't hide the sun.
Draw me a map
Of how you got to where you're at.
You met folks with free couches
And had a few mishaps.
Thanks for sharing your stories,
With the Facebook world,
Couchsurfing alone as an American girl.
I'm sure you feel good about the human race,
No longer judging people by their dress or their face.
Not like you did before;
I recall you welcomed me,
To a shabbot dinner for drinks and eats.
All I remember 
About your place,
Is a map covered table 
That said you made.
I didn't know back then
That it's what you do,
Making sense of our world
With visual tools.
And with my words, 
I'm trying to make sense,
Of why we didn't hang out
When we had the chance.
I miss the terrace music 
And the High Noon Saloon.
Someday let's couch back,
And dance to some tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment