Friday, June 10, 2016

Alex Dean

Alex Dean




I came outside to write these words,
To look up to the clouds and listen in on the birds.
Thought it might give me inspiration,
On a poem about a guy with admiration,
For the birds and the bees.
I mean that literally.
This environmentalist's name is Alex Dean.
He's a Wisconsin boy and that's where we met,
A class called Plants and Man, which I'll never forget.
Our professor shared his knowledge from different domains:
Salad dressing to cricket rules and drinking games.
If you asked me today, what the class was about,
I'd still respond, "I haven't figured it out."
It brought interesting people together at least;
We kept hanging out after the class was released.
Now you're in Minneapolis, where I used to live.
I bet you're loving the parks, the lakes, the people that give,
So much back to the land, trying to leave a small print,
Eating local, riding bikes in the summer and wint
er.
Haha. Yea, I'm sure,
It's a place for you that's going to open new doors,
All the doors leading you straight back outside,
So you can jump on your bike and keep enjoying the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment