Friday, June 10, 2016

Alex Krist

Alex Krist




Here's the gist
About Alex Krist:
He's as jolly as Santa and my best friend's sis.
I've known his face since he was just a twerp;
I've known his laugh and sound of his burp.
We used to play frogger 'n watch SNL;
In the Krist house, I always seemed to dwell. 
He was a camera man for our video projects,
Like the song "Swing, Swing" : All American Rejects.
I never rejected "Rejected Cartoons" for kicks and gigs;
"I am the Queen of France," but "My spoon is too big."
Alex you got so big:
From boy, to man-boy, to man.
That's just how it is,
But it's hard to understand;
Because I don't have a brother,
But you're pretty close to one.
So glad you found a significant other;
She's as lovely as the sun. 
You two will grow old together,
Just like you grew up.
The family ski trips 
Will be so fun with all the future pups.
Babies, that is.
But there is no rush.
If any mom pressures you,
Tell her to hush.
I say 'any' and not 'either'
Because you have so many;
Alex, the number of moms you have, alone, is uncanny:
Cindy, Julie, Kathy, Jenna, Maggie, Tara, Claire;
No wonder you turned out alright.
There are more to declare,
But I gotta keep this rhyme tight. 
I see you live in Bettendorf, 
And it makes me miss home. 
Knowing you still gather at that house,
While I'm in Asia writing poems. 
Wish I could be there at your wedding,
See you exchange your vows.
If I wouldn't have been invited,
I'd have show up anyhow. 
Finally, happy 11/11.
Today is the day.
Make a wish on 11:11,
And the lottery might pay.
Let's say there are unlimited wishes;
So will you make one for me:
That I go on a future ski trip 
With you and your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment