Friday, June 10, 2016

Alexis Bushman

Alexis Bushman




Alexis, 
Smile so infectious,
Looking precious
In all her dresses.
Not from Texas;
She's an Iowan;
Learning the vitamins 
For her requirements
Of enlightenment. 
I don't mean nirvana,
But the knowledge to heal another.
I hope your schooling doesn't smother you,
That you don't suffer lack of slumber too.
I wonder if you
Are still a runner in a crew,
Partying with pasta for supper,
So you can sprint the whole race through.
But if running is your old truth,
I'd like to know what's new.
And if the times are a changing,
Please promise not to change the hue
Of your hair,
that goes so well with eyes of blue.
Tried and true.
Would you be scared
If I bumped into you?
We would scream, we would stare,
But I wouldn't know what to do.
And it's possible because just today,
I ran into a friend in a random place.
In a jungle, thousands of miles away
From home.
This world is getting small like a gnome.
You'll know what I mean if you start to roam. 
I hope you get the chance to travel,
Before you settle down.
Women before us,
Didn't have the doors that we have now.
But before all that, 
Good luck with your Masters!
Look after your laughter as you climb the ladder,
And take care of yourself during this challenging chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment