Friday, June 10, 2016

Alex Brito

Alex Brito



Alex Brito
Is an old amigo.
I remember hanging out with that eco chico.
We met at the Plaza, if I do recall.
Around the pool table, trying to sink the 8 ball. 
He played tennis, so I gave him my number.
We played a few times before the end of summer. 
He had a small turtle and bug collection,
But I didn't touch it for a fear of infection.
Alex is a Madisonian through and through,
Disk golf, morel picking and fishing too. 
He's loyal to the Badgers and the Pack, 
If he ever left Wisconsin, you know he'd be back. 
The driftless black soil is under his nails,
He's a connoisseur of all the state's pale ales.
That's a guess, I'll admit. 
But will you, readers permit
Me to make a few sound assumptions as I spit?
Like assuming he's still a super nice guy,
Or that in good weather, he's always outside?
I miss you Alex, but I know where to find you.
Hope to see you in Madison sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment