Friday, June 10, 2016

Alec Burke

Alec Burke



Alec Burke,
What up, ya big flirt?
I heard you moved to NZ.
Whatchya doin for work?
Hotel clerking? 
Booty twerking?
No judgements. I promise not to smirk.
Just hearing from you will give me a smile. 
'Cause I didn't realize, but you've been gone for a while. 
Miles and miles from home where the valleys are pleasant,
You've traded them for mountains 2012 to the present. 
Did you pack a tent?
Have you changed your accent?
And besides your long hair, do you think you're different? 
I hope some things about you are still the same:
That you don't fake your sweetness like aspartame,
Or that you're always in the mood for getting riled up,
'Cause when you threw the parties, there were no empty cups.
We're rounding up old friends: Ryan, James and I.
Why aren't you also coming to the land of Thai?
Rose will be here soon, you should consider that.
Bring your new girlfriend and we've got a pack. 
Backtrack. Just had a flash back to high school days,
And the extent of your madness continues to amaze
Me. Hanging out with no clothes, muscles looking fab.
This was meant to be a poem, but it's more of a rap.
Let's recap, 'cause I gotta wrap it up:
Our countries, so close, we oughta link up. 
Go buck abroad. Yea, 'cause we're unstuck. 
But regardless, I wish you the best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment