Friday, June 10, 2016

Alex Menard

Alex Menard



Alex Menard, I've been waiting for the moment
I receive a letter in the mail you will have sent,
Inviting back the class of 2008,
But three more years I will have to wait. 
You are the perfect candidate 
To plan a reunion,
You'll order the fine wines 
So we can drink like Communion.
I know you're human,
But it's hard to accept;
Sometimes you seem so flawless,
Like you're on a higher step.
Do you wake up like that?
Tell me "No, it takes work,"
That normal people like me
Can, with time and effort, 
Produce the same spark.
Just as a tuning fork
Resonates the same sound
Of a nearby fork 
That someone has pound,
Other people shine brighter
When you are around; 
The law of resonance
Lifts your friends off the ground.
I hope you like England 
And that you learning new slang.
Just don't lose your American twang.
You learning to curate,
And I think that's great.
Fine art is fun to appreciate,
And I appreciate you 
And the hard work you put in
To everything you do;
Such a good student;
Our class president.
I know at our reunion,
I'll be happy I went!

No comments:

Post a Comment