Friday, June 10, 2016

Allie Svigos

Allie Svigos




I don't know how to pronounce your new name.
You're a Brandtner girl, that'll stay the same. 
The family of blondes living down the street,
With the father who used to clean my teeth.
Yours was a funny house on Halloween, 
The only toothbrush I got while trick-or-treating.
Memories are fleeting, but some fluff sticks.
Dressing up as beanie babies was a neighborhood hit. 
And the lemonade stands down on the corner;
We'd make a killing even charging a quarter. 
And I sorta wish we were still living those days:
Golf-carting to the pool and all the cards we would play.
When's the last time we had "Dinner Club?"
Playing James Bond in your basement was always something I loved.
We were too scared to watch the Exorcist at night.
I loved you and Molly, but you would always fight.
And now, we're selling the house; St. Andrews days are through.
I hope you know, that I already miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment