Friday, June 10, 2016

Alex Evans

Alex Evans




Alex Evans, zen me yang?
That means how are you doing,
In Mandarin Chinese,
Because that's how I knew him.
We studied in Tianjin for a whole summer,
And had class at UW when that dream was over.
In China, we'd go out to the clubs nearby,
Like the one above KFC.
We always said hi,
To the Chinese students under the fluorescent lights,
Studying until the dawn broke the night.
We'd stumble out, dizzy from emptying our glasses,
Of baijiu, 
Then go home,
To rest up for classes.
We took a trip to Tai Shan, one I'll never forget,
We started climbing up the mountain well after sunset,
And got to the top just before it rose again,
I told myself I'd be back to show my children.
So Alex,
Now you're out West,
And it looks like fun.
You're out at the clubs and working for Amazon.
You've got a nice partner, yeah he looks really cute,
Have you taught him any Chinese, or is he a mute?
Wang bu liao, translation: unforgettable.
Say it like a gangsta, a good response is inevitable.
On another note, I think you'd like Thailand, 
A ladyboy country with massages and sand.
If you make it out here, just give me a ring,
We'll reminisce with karaoke if you still like to sing!

No comments:

Post a Comment