Friday, June 10, 2016

Alex Campbell

Alex Campbell




For a minute let me ramble,
About a guy named Alex Campbell.
He's not affiliated with the soup in a can though.
I raced cross country with him in school.
All the older girls loved him, thought he was cool. 
He always had a smile on,
Ahead of the pack in mile one;
He was like a little brother to the team, seemed the guy was young.
But now he's growing up,
He's got a suit and tie job.
Good for him, 
But I hope it never starts to rob
Him of that innocence,
Or I'd be on the fence,
If the job was worth the extra dollars and cents.
We need to stop making sense,
"Never for money, always for love."
If you don't know David Byrne,
Take a break to look him up.
Finding what you love to do is what growing up's about.
Alex, I hope someday, if not today, you'll say without a doubt,
That you're living in line with what makes you happy.
I swear I didn't mean for this poem to get sappy,
But it did.
Cuz I remember you as a kid.
Just keep your spirit as strong as your six pack is!

No comments:

Post a Comment