Friday, June 10, 2016

Alex Matheson

Alex Matheson



Alex Matheson,
I admit I skipped you.
I have no friend history of ours to look through.
I can't remember words exchanged,
But I won't forget your face and name.
This is an ode to the pictures on Facebook.
I'm sure you have a brilliant mind 
Under those hats you always wear.
A fool would leave Liz, 
But you knew no one compared.
You're smart to put a ring on that sweet girl.
I know her mother and her brother; it's a small world. 
You're lucky to have found the love of your life,
A best friend, someone to call your wife.
And a dog too? You're doing something right.
So many things to be grateful for at night.
Hope there's fresh powder for you this next season,
That the temperature stays somewhat below freezing. 
Hope you find bigger hills than those at Snowstar;
Head out west, stick the wife and dog in the car.
Cheers to the change in the Midwest seasons,
And making poems for no apparent reasons,
Except spreading smiles (well hopefully).
Have a great day Alex, Liz and puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment