Friday, June 10, 2016

Alice Honjo

Alice Honjo



Alice, come back to Thailand;
You don't need to finish school.
The rainy season's over,
And the weather's getting cool.
I met new friends yesterday,
Building an earth house.
They would feed you campfire food,
If you were willing to help out.
But maybe you've had enough,
Of playing in the mud.
You've worked so hard already,
Creating a center out of love. 
I think of you when I go out,
To watch a documentary,
And I see the room come alive,
Knowing how it came to be.
Maybe someday you'll build a theater,
In the South of France. 
I'll visit and watch you all perform,
When I get the chance. 
You can introduce me,
To your nature-loving dad;
And I want to meet the man,
Who you say is penis mad. 
Say bon jour to your brother;
I met him at the opening.
And come back soon to Chiang Mai,
Before my tears flood the river Ping.

No comments:

Post a Comment