Friday, June 10, 2016

Alex Montgomery

Alex Montgomery




Alex Montgomery,
Thought you'd be living on a boat,
Sailing the Adriatic, keeping your partner afloat.
I pictured you getting tan;
Brown skin like a Mexican;
You must have some salsa 
In your blood;
You're not a burning man.
You took us out on the river,
The Mississippi River;
Now those cold Seattle waters
Must be giving you the shivers.
How's you liver?
'Cause I bet you're going out.
Washington has the shows, the music,
no doubt.
The pictures get me itching,
To get outside;
Get up into the mountains
In the land of Thai.
But before I go up,
Let's take a trip down,
Down memory lane,
Way back in B-town.
I know we hung out,
Just can't remember what we did.
Probably chilled in parking lots
Or somebody's basement.
We were only kids,
And I guess we still kinda are.
I'd love to see you 'round,
But I live pretty far. 
Hope you enjoy your job;
Saving water, saves us all.
But if somehow the job is dry,
At night you'll have a ball.
Right?  
So to keep things light, 
Have a good Friday.
And if you have the time,
Send an update my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment