Friday, June 10, 2016

Abby Hamilton


Abby Hamilton



In Iowa City and Des Moines too,

There're some down to earth people in a garden crew.
Miss Abby Hamilton came by to help,
She never left because in love she fell.
I've been out to their garden before,
But the parties are what I come to town for.
People start to trickle in on Friday afternoon,
Then we'll sit down for dinner to some home cooked food.
The sound of wine pouring can be heard for hours.
The ladies might go out to romp around in the flowers.
Then we'll sit at a campfire and sing together,
Or cuddle under strung lights in colder weather.
Abby, I only met you just before I left.
I trust you're on the same path, but if not you may get
Back on,
Because the garden is where we belong.
I saw you've gotten engaged,
Your love must be strong.
Congratulations, the best of luck,
And come visit me in Asia if you ever feel stuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment