Friday, June 10, 2016

Adam Costello


Adam Costello



Sherwin Williams must be a big chain,
Because I already wrote a poem about a guy who sells paint.
Now you too! What's going on?
Wallpaper is out, paint is the new dawn.
Please tell me you're selling colors for the new age,
Because I can't take more of the Bettendorf beige.
You color the world at you job and on the street,
Leaving burnout marks with fast cars that beat
The cops.
The adrenaline would make my heart stop.
But let's turn the car around and turn back the clocks.
Remember when you used to date Lindsey Seitz?
She was a bulldog and you were a knight.
It must not have been right,
Because I'm pretty sure it ended in a nasty fight.
So Adam Costello,
You never guessed I'd say hello.
She was our friend link and you're no longer her beau.
Oh no, 
I didn't want to bring up old love,
But other than that, I have little to speak of. 
I hope you find a way to the fast track of success,
That you leave the conventional life in the dust,
Get out of Iowa for a week or two,
And find places where it's just the road and you.
Happy days and happier nights,
May you always steer clear of the popo's flashing lights..
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment